Friday, December 29, 2023

2023 to 2024 tarot reflection

 These questions were provided by Amy at Strength Reversed.

1. Card of the Year 2023: The card that sums up this past year. 
The Knight of Pentacles. I've made slow progress and it has been very much focused on work and physical environment.

2. Card of the Year 2024: The card that represents the upcoming New Year. 
The Knight of Cups. I would like to continue with movement, maybe a little faster but definitely more heart and nourishment focused.

3. The tarot practice or habit I'm leaving behind in 2024 
Regular reading. The only thing left of that is the weekly substack and I'm starting to regret that. Tarot just can't be a focus for now.

4. The tarot practice or habit I'm embracing in 2024. 
Keeping things easy and minimizing shuffling. Probably continuing to reduce the number of decks I have based on my physical ability to move them and shuffle them--and how much I use them. Some I like the idea of more than I actually use them (Fractal Tarot, both tree based decks). Decks that require reversals for a good reading must have very easy shuffling card stock. I'm increasingly getting impatient with having to find where a deck is. Maybe I need to try reorganizing the boxes first.

5. Decks going on hiatus in 2024. 
I won't know this until I do more evaluating. And then I will be giving away rather than putting something on hiatus.

6. Decks I'm welcoming in 2024: show off new decks or wish list decks. 
No particular goals in this regard. In 2023, I ended up getting 13 decks, mostly around my birthday and the months thereafter. I occasionally check my wishlist or publishers sites for sales but there's nothing I'm especially excited to acquire. When I feel the need for a little something new and curious, I'll select something from my wishlist.

7. The biggest tarot takeaway of 2023: a memorable lesson, fact, spread, or understanding. 
Shuffling less can still result in an accurate reading. Animist tarot readings can be interesting. Randomized deck combinations can be interesting.

8. Tarot plans for 2024: goals, resolutions, focuses for the New Year.
Reorganize my deck boxes and reassess which ones are most valuable to keep and "do no harm" or the least harm to my hands. Finish my randomized projects and read only when I feel moved to read. I don't need "priorities for the day." That being the case, should I keep those decks--or any decks that I had to create meanings for? Should I only keep easy readers? If I were to keep the decks that take up the least room, then I would be getting rid of all of the Llewelyns that are in big boxes but are also the easiest shufflers. So i need to create a criteria for keeping decks.

No comments:

Post a Comment